Gin Infusion Recipe
Sep 30, 2021
After trialing several different infusions, this one was the winner by a mile by our gin enthusiast-relatives!
Its the grapefruit that really gives it a lovely lift and vibrancy.
Create your own blend, use the recipe below or divide the litre of vodka into two or four and create a series of recipe variations using different citrus and varying ratios of herbs and spices.
- 1 litre vodka
- 16g Juniper Berries
- 4g Angelica Root
- 4x Cardamom Pods
- 12g Coriander Seeds (crush lightly)
- 3.5g Liquorice Root
- 2g Cinnamon (cassia) – either pieces or quills (not powder)
- 1/6 teaspoon (yes, one sixth of a teaspoon or 1/2 gram) Orris Root Powder
- 4 teaspoons fresh grapefruit peel
- Decant the vodka into a large glass jar.
- Mix all botanicals in with the vodka, stirring well.
- Place the lid on allow to sit for 48 hours.
- You can either give the jar a shake (if the lid seals properly) or give it a stir a couple of times during the 48 hours.
- Strain and enjoy with your favourite tonic or mixer.
Try adding any of your favourite herbs or spices, either fresh or dried. For colouring, add hibiscus flowers to create a crimson coloured infusion or butterfly pea flowers for a blue infusion.