Chocolate Ashwaganda Energy Balls
Apr 18, 2021
These delicious Chocolate Ashwaganda Energy Balls are filled with warming Chai spices, dark chocolate chips and yummy nut butter which make for a tasty energy snack or after dinner treat.
Pair with any of your favourite herbal teas or they are especially delicous with a hot cup of chai tea.
- 4 tablespoons nut butter (I used Everything Butter by Fix & Fogg)
- 3 tablespoons honey (I used our own raw, unpasteurised honey)
- 50g dark chocolate, chopped (I used Whittakers 72% dark)
- 1 tablespoon Ashwaganda, powdered
- 2 tablespoons dark cocoa or cacoa powder
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Your choice of ingredients to roll the balls in; I used cornflowers, slivered almonds, coconut, cocoa powder and freeze-dried black currant powder
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl until combined into a large ball.
- Take spoonful’s and roll into balls.
- Roll in toppings of your choice.
Store these amazing Chocolate Ashwaganda Energy Balls in the refrigerator for up to one week. Makes approximately 9 large balls.